Save the Date! November 1 & 2, 2019 & CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The conference for Academic Writing and English Language Learners (AWELL) is a two-day conference designed for faculty, language instructors, composition instructors, and writing centre professionals who teach and tutor ELL students. The goal of the conference is to provide tools and approaches in a workshop format that may be used directly in classrooms and tutoring sessions.We want to provide an open forum to all those interested in any area of additional language studies and academic writing, including digital writing pedagogies, multiliteracies, plurilingualism, and intercultural writing supports. Questions for consideration may include, but are not limited to:
- Pedagogy and practice for multilingual classrooms
- ELL pedagogy relating to globalized students
- Learning community writing practice
- Technology in writing practice relating to ELLs
- Multimodal and digital approaches to ELL writing instruction and practice
- Considerations of general teaching and learning practice to ELL
Day One registration only ($75.00).
Day Two registration only ($75.00).
Two-day registration ($150.00).
Saint Mary’s University faculty or staff ($100.00).
Student or writing tutor ($75.00).